Another great Largest Loser Potluck with some really amazing entries – the Season 34 winning entry was provided by competitor Christina and was a huge hit with everyone.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 med. red onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 4 cups water
- splash of white wine (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey seasoned w/ garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, ground pepper, salt, red pepper flakes.
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and garlic over medium-low heat until onions are translucent. Stir in salt, pepper and saute about 1 minute.
- Strain tomatoes and add juice and tomato sauce to pan.
- Seed tomatoes, chop into large pieces and stir into pan.
- Add 4 cups water and splash of wine, stir and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in garbanzo beans and simmer for about 10-15 minutes more.
- In non-stick skillet, brown and break up the turkey and season. Add in kale and cook until bright green and slightly wilted. Add to soup and stir.